Outsourcing the Benefits Administration Process Flow
Regarding benefits administration, there are two main options for companies: offshoring and outsourcing to a USA-based company. Offshoring benefits administration can be tempting because it seems like it would help the company control costs. However, there are several disadvantages to offshoring benefits administration that outweigh any potential savings. Benefits of outsourcing benefits administration include:
- Reduced costs: When you outsource benefits administration, you can often control costs like benefits administration software, employee training, and more.
- Improved efficiency: When outsourcing benefits administration, you can often improve the overall efficiency of your benefits administration process flow. This can free up time for you and your employees to focus on other things.
- Increased flexibility: When you outsource benefits administration, you can often increase the flexibility of your benefits offerings. This can allow you to tailor your benefits packages to meet the needs of your employees better.
While there are several benefits to outsourcing benefits administration, there are some drawbacks when it comes to offshoring these services, including:
- Data security: There is a risk that confidential employee information could be compromised if stored overseas.
- Language barriers: When you offshore benefits administration, you may run into issues with language barriers. This can make it difficult to communicate with your benefits administrator and make sure that they understand your needs.
- Cultural differences: Offshoring benefits administration can also lead to cultural differences. This can make it difficult to understand your benefits administrator’s point of view and ensure they’re providing the best possible service.
- Time zone differences: Offshoring benefits administration can also lead to time zone differences that make coordinating benefits administration activities challenging and ensuring you’re getting the most out of your benefits administrator more difficult.
On the other hand, there are several advantages to outsourcing benefits administration to a USA-based company, including:
- There will be no language or cultural barriers that can lead to errors in benefits administration. The company will have more control over the benefits administrator and outsourcing their HR services.
- There are typically fewer compliance risks when working with a USA-based benefits administrator.
- Employee confidential information is less likely to be compromised if it is stored in the USA because of stringent data storage procedures.
- The company and the benefits administrator will be in the same time zone, making it easier to resolve problems promptly.
If you’re considering outsourcing your benefits administration process flow, utilize an experienced USA-based HR outsourcer such as Corban OneSource. Being 100% USA-based and having experience in helping companies with between 75 and 6,000 employees with their HR outsourcing, Corban OneSource is uniquely qualified to help you get the most out of your benefits administration. Regarding benefits administration, Corban OneSource can provide you with the improved efficiency and increased flexibility you need to succeed.
Offshoring your benefits administration may seem like a cost-effective way to control costs in the short term, but it could cost you more in the long run. Not only are there potential compliance risks associated with offshoring, but you also lose out on the expertise and knowledge of a US-based partner. Corban OneSource is a 100% USA-based company that can provide all your HR outsourcing needs, from payroll and benefits administration process flow. Watch this short video to learn more about how USA-based HR outsourcing can help you take care of your employees while freeing up time and resources for your business.